Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Stick



I can't take full credit for this one.

We love taking walks around our neighborhood and the kids LOVE to take their buckets (a.k.a. sand pails) to gather treasures (rocks, sticks, acorns, pine cones and the like). One day back in the fall (October maybe?), Husband took the kids on a walk before I got home from work and found his own treasure...this stick. When I returned home that evening I noticed the stick in with the candle but didn't think much of it...figured he just put it there to keep it out of reach of the kids. We both decided we liked the interesting look of the stick in the vase and left it there.

Since February is approaching, I thought The Stick would look particularly stunning with a few handmade red felt heart ornaments.
It's been almost 4 months now with The Stick...I think it's a keeper.

P.S. I was very disappointed with the snow...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment