Monday, May 9, 2011

KCWC :: Day 1

So this week I am participating in the Kids Clothes Week Challenge.  The goal is to spend one hour per day for the week of May 9 - 15 sewing clothing for ones children and by the end of the week one should have a nice little pile suitable for the upcoming summer season. Simple enough, right?  Challenge accepted.  Today I whipped up two super comfy, super simple skirts for the little girly.  I must confess...this only took about 30 minutes...the other 30 minutes was spent laundering/ironing fabric for tomorrows project.

In addition to the challenge set forth by elsie marley for KCWC, I decided to up the ante and only use fabric from my stash.  This fabric above is from JoAnn's purchased a couple of years ago.
Since the girly loves Dora, I had to make a skirt out of this fabric from Wal-Mart (*gasp* - I really dislike Wal-Mart but it is the only place I can find that sells character fabric.).



Just for fun I simply left a rolled hem on the Dora skirt to make it a little more sporty and casual.  I have a feeling I know what the Little Miss is going to want to wear tomorrow...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment