Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Few Little "Purses"



I love making little drawstring bags and I have made lots of them since the twins were born.  I have streamlined the process so I can whip out half a dozen of these in about an hour.  They are perfect for organizing and storing toys (think keeping puzzle pieces and blocks together) and it makes it super easy to grab a couple bags of toys on the way out the door.

[Left to right: Dora fabric from Wal-Mart, Blue trees from Jo-Ann, Blue animals from Purl]

It takes very little fabric to make these bags.  I used only left over pieces of fabric from other projects.
I also made two larger drawstring bags for the twins and actually machine embroidered their names on the front...the possible uses for these bags are endless.  I need to make a few really large ones to use as dirty laundry bags for vacation!


My little guy loves these bags the most.  He really cannot go anywhere without one of these little drawstring bags full of Cars or Thomas trains hanging from his wrist.  Recently, we were sitting in the quiet room at church and my little girly took the bag from her brother.  Of course, little mister started crying.  One of their playmates observed all of this and ran over to her mama and said, "Mom, that little boy is crying 'cause she took his purse!"  Too cute.

Anyone interested in a brief tutorial about how I make these bags? 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment