Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Love.

[SEWblessed made personalized paci clip]
A very sweet friend of mine is due next week.  Now that the shower is over and the gift is gifted I can share this little project with you.

[my very first diaper cake]

With a little help from my super crafty and awesome sister, I took an ordinary gift of diapers, bottles, toys and teethers and presented it in an extraordinary way with several handmade touches.


So this gift ended up including 2 bottles (hidden inside - they serve as support for the "cake"), a box of pampers swaddlers diapers (size 2 so your recipient can enjoy the cake a little longer and not have to rip it apart right away...plus, I know from experience...you get waaaaaay too many newborn and size 1's at showers...also pampers swadders are the best diaper in my opinion and the best for this project because they are plain white...anyway, back to the subject now), 3 handmade hairbows, two rattles, a teether toy, two mesh feeders, two pacifiers, a handmade personalized paci clip, and a rubber duck.


A diamond ring rattle! Love!

The bow at the base of the cake is actually a hairbow!



Another handmade hairbow!

And the icing on the cake...the flower up on top is another handmade hairbow!

I think I have found a new favorite way to present my baby shower gifts...

No comments:

Post a Comment